Details Larger Image
Group Career Counseling: Practices and Principles, 2nd Edition
Author/Editor: K. Richard Pyle and Seth C.W. Hayden
This monograph provides a comprehensive resource on Group Career Counseling (GCC). It is appropriate for use by counselors, career professionals and facilitators, and in some cases para-professionals. This second edition provides a fuller review of the literature and of the relationship of GCC to counseling and career development theories.
The monograph contains six chapters with each chapter designed to answer an important question. Those questions are:
- What is GCC and why use it?
- What are the precepts and unique characteristics of GCC?
- What is an example of a GCC program?
- Where can GCC be used and how can it be effectively implemented?
- How does GCC relate to other career development groups?
- How does GCC relate to theories of counseling and career development?
The presentation of the authors’ GCC model, (which includes 19 discrete group activities and a sample leader script for three group sessions) was noted in the Foreword by Dr. Robert Reardon as the “most outstanding feature... Pyle and Hayden dispel some of the mystery that can surround group counseling, and they provide activities that will stimulate members toward new insights about themselves and their options.”
Read the Review in NCDA's web magazine, Career Convergence.
- Coaching/Consultation/Performance Improvement
- Individual/Group Counseling and Facilitating Skills
- Career Development Theory and Models
- Counselor Educator
- Program Planning/Promotion/Management/Implementation
- Post Secondary
- Independent/Private Practice
- K-12 and Parents
Stock#: 957 Mfr#: 957
Clinical Supervision of Career Development Practitioners: Practical Strategies
On Sale for $15 until Sept 30, 2020 - both print and ebook!
Shop the NCDA Career Resource Store now!
Many of our products include links to Book Reviews or Excerpts, which are also archived in our Career Convergence web magazine.