Career Development Conference
July 14-16, 2020
- 3 days of Live Keynotes and Special Events
- 80+ hours of Recorded Sessions
- 15 CE Hours
- 500+ Career development practitioners, facilitators, counselor educators, counselors, specialists, and more participating
- 1 year access to select live and recorded sessions
- An abundance of online community connections, virtual gift bag, prize drawings, competency-based professional development and more!
This is a new event for NCDA – check this conference website for details and updates.
Registration is now closed.
The NCDA Virtual Conference App is required to participate. Please note that registered participants received an emailed App Invitation (from "Crowd Compass"). This app invitation will allow you to quickly and easily download and login to the conference app on your mobile device or desktop. The conference app will only be accessible to registered attendees. Please check your email that you used to register for the conference, including the spam folder. Read the hints below and the APP FAQs for more information.
Helpful Hints for using the NCDA Conference App
All times listed on the conference app are EASTERN. Please convert LIVE session times to your time zone.
Tuesday, July 14, LIVE opening: 2:00 pm Eastern
Wednesday, July 15, LIVE sessions: 2:00 pm Eastern
Thursday, July 16, LIVE sessions: 3:00 pm Eastern
- Once you gain access to the conference app, please update your Attendee Profile with all your contact information, bio and photo. You can find your attendee profile at the top right of your screen.
- All pre-recorded sessions are listed under Monday, July 13, 2020
- To view the pre-recorded sessions click on “Watch Now”. Please note that some sessions require passwords. If a password is needed it will be listed immediately underneath the “Watch Now” button. Copy and paste the passcode as requested to access the recording.
- All LIVE sessions include links to the Webex platform. Please note that you will be required to use the Password and Event ID to access. These are included on the session listing.
- There are several filter options for the pre-recorded sessions. Click on the Filter button on the top right of the page and select “Tracks”. This will allow you to narrow down your selection based on the 8 different constituency group tracks.
- You can also narrow down the pre-recorded sessions by using a “keyword” above the session listings.
- To keep track of pre-recorded sessions that you’ve watched, click on “Check-In” prior to watching the recording and then “Rate” the session after you’ve watched the recording.
- To create a list of sessions that you want to watch, as you are reviewing all pre-recorded sessions, click on the + sign at the right side of the sessions. By clicking the + sign, you will add these sessions to your “My Schedule”. This will allow you to easily filter out those sessions that you don’t want to miss. They will remain listed in “My Schedule”.
- You can also “bookmark” sessions, attendees, and speakers. By “bookmarking” an event, you add this to “Bookmarks” listed in “My Items”.
- You can send messages to other attendees by first clicking on “Add Contact” in their attendee listing. Once they accept your invitation, you can then send them private messages.
- You can also take “Notes” on sessions, attendees, and speakers. To view all of your notes, click on “Notes” in “My Items”.
- Don't forget to share your take-aways and insights on Social Media #ncda2020
- The Attendee Invite will be the easiest way for you to access the conference app repeatedly. Once you confirm your email via the conference app, you should be able to return to the email invite and click on Mobile Web Version for easy access to the app.
Here are a few FAQs to get you started:
How can I view the conference program?
View the Agenda or click here for the Virtual Conference Presentations. If registered, you should have received an email inviting you to download the app to view up-to-date session descriptions and live event schedule.
How do I access the virtual conference?
Participants can access all conference offerings through the conference app. A desktop version of the app will be much easier to use when participating: https://event.crowdcompass.com/ncda2020
What emails will participants need?
Several emails will provide access information and instructions. One is for accessing the conference app, another for the zoom constituency meetings. Participants will receive emails to the email address used when registering. Please check spam folders also.
View more FAQs online.
2020 Continuing Education Hours Available to Virtual Conference Attendees
The 2020 Virtual Conference registration includes 15 contact hours of continuing education. These hours are NCDA and NBCC/CCE approved. Anyone registered for the event will be automatically given 15 contact hours via their membership record and can access the completion certificate one week following the event. No reporting is required, since this is a virtual event, to earn these hours. NBCC credits are outlined below according to their categories.
A post-conference email will be sent to all attendees with complete instructions, outlined below, on how to access the completion transcripts. A survey link will also be sent for evaluation of those sessions you attended.
Instructions for CE Completion Transcripts: Go to the NCDA website and login to access your account. The login is located on the top left blue toolbar. Once logged in, see your name in the upper right corner and click on Members Only Resources. Find View My CE History under the My Profile on the left side. You will be able to see your earned CEs and print out transcripts. The Print My Transcript option is on in the top right hand corner. Members may access this page anytime in the future by logging in.
If you are not a member of NCDA, you will be given promotional membership for 6 months which will allow access to the Members Only section and to your transcripts. We invite you to renew your free membership after a 6-months period. A renewal notice will be sent to you.
If you have any questions, please contact NCDA Headquarters. (918) 663-7060.
Thank you for choosing NCDA and we hope to "see" you soon!
Dr. Kathy Evans
NCDA President 2019-2020