The NCDA Leadership Academy
The Leadership Academy was created in 2006 with the goal of identifying and nurturing future generations of NCDA leaders. Every two years, approximately six to eight NCDA members will be selected to join this hands-on, highly experiential leadership development opportunity designed specifically for promising national and state career development association leaders.
Applicants selected to the NCDA Leadership Academy Class will:
- Attend a series of leadership workshops and training sessions during the NCDA annual conference.
- Learn more about NCDA's history, governance process, and strategic initiatives.
- Prepare for future leadership positions on the NCDA Board, Committees or state career development associations.
- Work on a twelve-month Leadership Action Learning Project selected from a list of Board identified needs. Research and complete the project with the support of an assigned mentor. Provide a written report in advance of and short presentation on Project results at the conference of their “graduating” year.
NCDA Leadership Academy participants will benefit from:
- A $500 travel stipend (each year for two consecutive years) to support attendance at the next two NCDA annual conferences.
- Waived NCDA annual conference registration fees for two years.
- The opportunity to expand leadership potential and explore leadership opportunities through NCDA and state career development associations.
- Ongoing support and mentorship.
Interested NCDA members need to apply:
All application requirements must be submitted by November 16th. Only complete applications received by the deadline will be considered. Application materials include:
- Leadership Academy Application - [now closed]
- Resume - send to Alicia Cheek at email@example.com
- Two letters of recommendation - send to Alicia Cheek at firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions, contact:
Mason Murphy, Chair, Leadership Academy Development Committee, email@example.com
Leadership Academy Classes & Projects
Click on a year below to view the list of participants in a class and read about the many projects.
|Class of 2022||Class of 2019||Class of 2018||Class of 2017|
|Class of 2016||Class of 2015||Class of 2014|
|Class of 2013||Class of 2012||Class of 2011|
|Class of 2010||Class of 2009||Class of 2008|