July 8, 2020
Help! I Need A (Better) Job!
Free webinar for career counselors, counselor educators, and the clients they help.
Forty million Americans recently lost their job due to Covid-19. This unemployment figure threatens many Americans' livelihood, including those closest to us. There is a need to assist individuals affected to re-tool and tackle the crisis effectively. This webinar is for career counselors, counselor educators, and the clients they help.
You're Invited to Join this Webinar: Help! I Need A (Better) Job! The webinar will be held on Wednesday, July 8, 2020, at 02:00 PM Eastern Time.
The webinar is designed for the 40 million who were recently unemployed due to Covid-19. It's for those who are stuck in a job or those who recognize that they need to continuously fine-tune their skills or those interested in keeping pace with a the fast-changing world of work.
The webinar is co-sponsored by the American Psychological Association’s Society for Counseling Psychologist (SCP), the Section on Vocational Psychology (SVP), and the National Career Development Association (NCDA).
MODERATOR & PANELISTS
V. Scott H. Solberg, Boston University Wheelock College of Education & Human Development
Lorin Buksa, North Shore Community College
Abiola Dipeolu, Texas A&M University-Kingsville
Kathy Evans, NCDA
Carolyn Frantz, North Shore Community College
Sharon Givens, NCDA
Seth Hayden, NCDA
Angela McCabe, Boston Private Industry Council
Please see below for more information about the webinar or click on this link to register: https://bostonu.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_a8bQbhSYSNSwIyWgLaByQw
This webinar addresses four areas:
- How to use your previous occupation history to explore your talent and skills and discover the myriad of occupations that align with those skills;
- Identify training opportunities to add the skills needed to find higher-paying occupations
- Demystify connecting with two-year colleges as an efficient means for retooling and adding the skills needed to increase your employability
- Understand when and how to connect with certified career professionals
- Awareness of CareerOneStop Centers and how they can support your job search efforts and,
- Learn about the value of online career information systems to support your career management efforts
If you have any questions or requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org